1. Realize and accept the fact that God loves you.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
See also Romans 5:8; Ephesians 2:4-5; 1 John 4:9-10, 16, 19
2. Recognize the truth that you are a sinner.
As a sinner, you are separated from God. If you continue living in sin, you will be eternally separated from God. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23) "For the wages of sin is death…" (Romans 6:23)
See also Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1
3. Understand that Jesus died on the cross so we can be forgiven of our sins and become children of God.
"All we like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him." (Isaiah 53:6)
See also 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:24, 3:18; Romans 3:24-26
4. You must turn to God and become a sincere follower of Jesus Christ. The Bible terms for this turning are "repent" and "be converted."
"Repent therefore and return, that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;" (Acts 3:19)
See also Luke 13:3, 5; Matthew 18:3; Isaiah 55:6-7; Luke 24:47; Acts 17:30; 20:21
5. You must believe (place your faith) in the Lord Jesus Christ alone for your salvation.
The biblical term "faith" means to trust in, cling to, and rely upon. Therefore, you must trust in, cling to, and rely upon Jesus Christ to be saved. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:18) See also John 1:12-13, 5:24, 6:47; Acts 26:18; Romans 5:1
6. If you desire to become a Christian-a child of God-right now, you can. The following prayer is included to help you articulate this desire to God.
The Bible says, "Whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13) That means if you sincerely pray this prayer, you will become a Christian.
PRAYER FOR SALVATION: "Heavenly Father, I need you in my life. I accept your love for me. I know I am a sinner. I understand that Jesus died on the cross in my place. Please forgive me of my sins. Please come into my heart and make me your child. I promise to live the rest of my life as you sincere follower. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen."
When you prayer this prayer sincerely, Jesus will come into your heart and you will become a child of God. You can trust God for that. Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him…" (Revelation 3:20)
After you pray this prayer, we'd like to hear from you. You can contact us at the email link below.
Contact us at email@example.com.